onsdag 10 november 2010

Reading Week

now. During which – ta-naaa – we´re supposed to read and catch up on things on the course. Which I´ve done a little, but mainly worked with teaching and treating people. So, more study needed, and I am afraid I´ll probably have to resit some exam (Anatomy or Physiology figuring high on the likely-list).

Getting ready to go back next week, for an in-class test. Then it´s only about a month left before Christmas. And we have some tests starting to come in before the holidays. In one of the courses I could have written all except maybe one of tests up until spring of 2011 from day 1, because of my previous knowledge in the field, but some of the other ones are a bit harder. For the students who came to the course knowing nothing about Chinese medicine, the pace has been punishing to say the least. I am impressed if they have followed it.

London is proving ample opportunity for buying books. This is very nice. I still have shelf-space that isn´t filled, still have walls not covered, still have floor-space that looks miserably lonely without a stack of books on top of it. I must work harder at changing this.

And my book on Daoism is coming along. A lot of the work back home now have been work on the book while I had time to do it. Sweden has no previous book on Daoism written in Swedish. No translated book that actually talks about Daoism either: only translations and misunderstandings from old texts in the Philosophical Daoism that has grown in the West. My book will cover both the living traditions of Daoism, Religious Daoism and the misunderstandings in Philosophical Daoism. Along with chapters on Daoist history, training, concepts and a unique go-through of the major texts. So-ooo...no too high standards here, as usual. The interviews with Daoists from China adds great depth, as will the pictures. It´s just an overview and introduction, but, I hope, a very good one.

Now, off to study. And, ummm, work.