fredag 17 september 2010

All the rituals of leave-taking

 It´s like closing down a house for winter. Putting in the rakes, looking at all the gardening that should have been done – ought to have been done – taking in the lawn furniture, saying goodbye to the garden, bye to the trees and wishing them a long, good sleep filled with happy dreams.
 
 
The geese are haunting the skies while I pack for London.


I leave tomorrow. Enrollment and thingies are on Monday; I´m heading to Hogwarts to wander around gawking at the seniors and the halls – look, that´s Peeves, that is, my dad tole me all bout him, watch out, he throws stuff – worry about the Sorting Hat (don´t want Slytherin) and seeing professor Dumbledore stroll down a hallway, deeply lost in thought.


Wouldn´t that be nice...modern day universities in central London probably don´t offer this, but it would´ve been nice.


Still buying textbooks and studying to deepen my previous skills. Watching some good online vids on the old, classical chinese medicine. There is such a big difference between the 1) more classical system, 2) the later TCM that´s a synthesis of Western Medicine and Chinese medicine and taught in Chinese universities, and 3) the ”Western” acupuncture, that leaves almost all previous 2500 years of knowledge behind with the comment that ”we are smarter now than they were” and gladly puts needles anywhere without knowing diagnostics, how to find points without a map, or the system itself. The last version is sort of like claiming that Red Cross volunteers are trained to do vascular surgery. I was one. Trust me, we can´t.


Anyway. More on all that later.


Now it´s time to pack – chosing clothes, coffee, textbooks, notebooks; and while the autumn wind messes the hair of the trees outside, I realize I have to put in the rakes from the garden.